This recipe is totally dedicated to Shiso, whicih is a herb in the mint family with a citrusy flavor. You can easily grow it in your own herb border.
- Bôtan Pine Haze* → 40ml
- Sugar water [1:2]** → 30ml
- Lime juice → 25ml
- Purple Shiso → 6 to 10 leaves for shaking & 3 leaves for garnish
- Ice cubes → for shaking & serving
How to make it
- Fill a cocktail shaker*** with ice.
- Add all ingredients to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake hard until cold.
- Pour out through a strainer into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with Shiso leaves.
*For a low alcohol cocktail, use half Bôtan (25ml) with half gin (25ml).
**Make your own sugar water. Combine 1 cup of granulated sugar and 2 cups of filtered water in a pot. Bring to boiling and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Allow cooking before storing in the refrigerator.
***If you don't have a cocktail shaker, use an empty jam jar.