Starting from the citrus notes and tingly sancho pepper of our blend Citrus Spice, we were inspired to create a sour cocktail with clean citrus flavours and no alcohol; our Peruvian Sour. Don't have the citrus spice yet? You can also make this serve perfectly with our Hanami or Citrus Ginger spirits.
50 ml — Bôtan Citrus Spice / Hanami / Citrus Ginger
30 ml — Sugar water 1:2*
25 ml — Fresh Lime juice
20 ml — Fresh egg white or aquafaba to create the foamy layer
8 ice cubes for shaking
Fresh lime zest for garnish
Coupe glass with Cubed ice
How to make it
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk. Remove the egg yolk and only use the egg white.
- Combine Bôtan (50 ml), sugar water (30 ml), fresh lime juice (25 ml) and the egg white or Aquafaba (20 ml) to a cocktail shaker (do not add the ice cubes (for shaking) yet)
- Shake hard until you create foam (dry shaking)
- Add the ice cubes (8 cubes for shaking) to the liquid in the cocktail shaker
- Shake hard until ice cold
- Pour out while double straining into a chilled glass
- Garnish with zest of lime
*Make your own sugar water. Combine 1 cup of granulated sugar and 2 cups of filtered water in a pot. Bring to boiling and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Allow cooking before storing in the refrigerator.
This cocktail won the "cocktail & signature serve masters"
The Spirits Business praised this signature cocktail for its intense and complex flavours. Out of 13 submissions only Bôtan Distillery won a medal. On top of that, we won a golden medal! It’s a blessing to see that our superior product & philosophy is recognised by the world’s most leading organisation.